I am always starving mid morning. It’s usually around 11am, sitting at work, stomach grumbling when I resort to digging through my rather desperate snack drawer for something to eat. The shop bought stuff is always disappointing and plain fruit can get boring so I’ve taken to making my own snacks. These apple and pear cinnamon crisps are one of my staples.
I know I’ve called them crisps, but they’re not actually all that crispy. They’re more like slightly chewy, though of course the longer you leave them in the oven the crispier they will become so you can tweak the cooking time as you like.
The cinnamon makes them really delicious, and the great thing is that you can nibble through a bunch and then feel good about the fact you’ve basically eaten a couple of pieces of fruit – always a good thing.
Cinnamon Apple and Pear Crisps
- 3 apples
- 3 pears
- Cinnamon for sifting over fruit
- Heat the oven to 130 C | Gas 1 and line two baking trays with parchment paper
- Core the apples. As the core of the pears are tiny, its optional to core those.
- Slice both the apples and pears into thin rounds – around 3mm thick.
- Place the sliced fruit in a single layer on the baking trays and dust with cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven for 1 ½ hours or until dried, turning every half an hour.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.