This simple pear bircher muesli is so easy to make and really delicious. It’s one of the few breakfasts that I will swap for toast – and that’s saying something because in my mind, toast is pretty hard to beat.
Although the original Swiss recipe calls for grated apple, I find that pear is more subtle and soothing in the morning. It’s a ‘cooling’ fruit full of fibre and goes well with the creamy oats. And then the raisins just add a nice little bit of sweetness. If you’re after a balanced, deliciously satisfying and filling breakfast then you’ll love this – its like nourishing food for the soul.
Pear Bircher Muesli (gf, vegan)
- 90g | 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 250ml | 1 cup oat milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 firm pears
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 lemon, juice only
- Put the oats and pumpkin seeds in a bowl and pour over the milk.
- Mix well, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning simply grate the unpeeled pears, then stir into the oat mixture with the raisins and a squeeze of lemon juice.