I always thought that making jam was time consuming, but it turns out its really not! This recipe takes less than 20 minutes, and in that time you end up with a jar of the most deliciously fresh tasting jam because its basically fruit with a little honey, lemon and chia seeds. Not too sweet, the slight tartness adds a lovely zing – super delicious on toast with raw almond butter.
Partly because its so easy and quick to make, and partly because I’ve never got my head around sterilising, sealing etc. I make just one pot at a time, store in the fridge, and it lasts fine for a couple of weeks. You could of course also make a batch.
In Summer, fresh berries are easy to come by, and in Winter you can switch to frozen fruit – I usually go for frozen raspberries and blackcurrants. Equally delicious and super easy, you can make this jam all year round.
Mixed Berry & Chia Seed Jam
- 360g | 3 cups mixed berries of your choice (blackcurrants, raspberries, blackberries)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ½ lemon
- ½ banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Makes one 350ml jar
- Place the fruit, honey, lemon juice and chopped banana in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently and squashing the fruit with your spoon as it softens.
- Take off the heat, leave the fruit mixture to cool for a few minutes, then stir in the chia seeds.
- Transfer to a jar and place in the fridge to cool completely.