I couldn’t resist buying a pack of puffed brown rice when I saw it in the health shop last week. It screamed healthy chocolate crispy opportunity! And I’m pleased I went along with the impulse because these chocolate crispies are my new favourite snack creation.
They’re nothing like the ones we used to get as kids of course which were basically rice krispies in milk chocolate. I’d say they’re the more sophisticated cousin – rich dark chocolate, nutty almonds, tangy sweet cherries all mixed and mingled with crunchy puffed brown rice. Seriously good. And seriously easy to make too.
Chocolate Crispies with Almonds & Dried Cherries (GF, Vegan)
- 150g vegan dark chocolate (70% cocoa or more)
- 75g | 2½ cups puffed brown rice
- 70g | ½ cup dried cherries
- 80g | ½ cup almonds
Makes 10-12 pieces
- Break up the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Melt the chocolate by placing over a pan of barely simmering water (keep the bowl clear of the water)
- Once melted, stir in the puffed rice, dried cherries and almonds.
- Line a shallow tray with greaseproof paper and spoon the chocolatey mixture onto the tray, pushing down and flattening as you go.
- Place in the fridge to cool and then cut into pieces.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!