The simplest things are always the best and nut butter is no exception – it makes a great healthy chocolate spread. It’s just so pure, so easy to make and I still find it unbelievable that you can throw a cup of nuts in the blender and end up with the most delicious buttery spread!
I’ve used macadamia nuts in this recipe, but you can also use a mix of nuts –half hazelnuts/ half macadamia is delicious too. It really is a great protein boost and definitely fills you up in the morning if you have it for breakfast.
My family are currently addicted to this spread so a jar doesn’t last long – I’ve tried subtley pushing it to the back of the fridge hoping they’ll forget its there, but they never do!
Healthy Chocolate Spread
- 2 cups | 250g raw macadamia nuts
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup (according to taste)
Makes one 350ml jar
- Put the macadamia nuts into a food processor/blender.
- Whizz until the nuts turn into a creamy butter – you may need to scrape the edges and push the nuts down into the blades.
- The whizzing time needed will depend on the power of your food processor.
- Once creamy turn the machine off and scrape the blended nuts into a bowl.
- Mix in the cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge and enjoy!